Attention to customers
TLC listens to customers. We explore your dreams, wishes, needs and discuss with you current trends and innovations. TLC is known for creative solutions. We call it ‘noodling.’ This involves taking a situation; thinking about it in different ways; contacting experts in the field; sometimes adding other research; and coming up with a solution or several for the customer to choose from.
TLC protects their customers. We notify the customer when, before or during construction, something is discovered that is not correct – and often never was – missing insulation, improper plumbing ventin; or out-of-level walls or floors.
TLC has a committment to our earth and demonstrates it in some of the following ways:
- Work with subs that have current expertise in their field so to offer our customers the most energy-efficient methods.
- Use up to date products and methods:
- Identify the benefits of heat mats to add to the comfort and reduce the need for other heating.
- Explains the use of LED lighting, spray foam insulation, and high performance windows in customer’s project.
- Add timers to new, quieter vent exhaust fans to save electricity
- Use appropriate insulation in new construction and check the insulation level in remodeling
- Recycle many items (such as faucetry, lighting, cabinets and others) through the local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store.
- Customer receives a tax credit
- Items are not added to the landfills
- Others are able to find good products at a fraction of the cost.
Age in Place
According to AARP, 9 out of 10 old people and 8 out of 10 Baby Boomers want to stay in their own home as long as possible. TLC has helped many people accommodate to their changing lifestyle through some of the following changes/additions:
- Adult height vanities
- Lever handles
- Long bar cabinet pulls
- Task lighting
- Roller shelves in cabinets
- Soft close on drawers
- Grab bars installed or construct the structure to allow for later installation
- Attention to thresholds
- Wider door ways